Thursday, April 24, 2014

Getting blown away!

After breakfast....
YUM! If you like cream cheese, I highly suggest the Honey and Pecan Philly flavor!

Anyways, after breakfast, I let it all settle while watching some tv and some very light cleaning, aka, there is a piece of trash and a dust bunny on the floor...now they are in the trash, I got up and got ready for a run! Once I got out there I thought I was going to blow away. The wind was crazy! At one point it blew my ear buds OUT of my ears! It settled at one point, but of course once began a small incline, the wind was blowing against me.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I have to say that my running "mojo" as some like to call it is slowly coming back. I think for a time, a few months that is I dreaded going outside to run and so I didn't. I do live in New England where the winter was more the ridiculously cold...and snowy. But even as it warmed up, I said "this would be a beautiful day to go for a run....or take a nap!"

Short story: the nap won.

This week being April vacation for us educators...I took it as an opportunity to get things done around the house, sleep in, watch bad tv and get out for a run...well lets make the plural!
I am going to be honest and say that I do still struggle with getting my butt off the couch to go out, but its just like work (if you actually like you job) where you may not want to go, but once you get there, you are fine and ready to work! Well, same goes with running. I may not want to go, or be happy about it, but once I get the sneakers on, Pandora on, GPS on, I am out the door and feeling good!

I have been trying to make it worth my while as well. Not just to enjoy myself, build up those endorphins...but treat myself in the end! I mentioned this the other day, and I did it again today. I plan my run so that I will end at Dunkin Donuts and cool down with a -1 mile walk back to my house.
It makes the run much better knowing that, just like when you run a race and there is a medal at the end, there is an ice coffee waiting for me....or well someone to make it for me!

I mentioned Pandora, and what I love is that you can type in almost anything you want and it will make a station for it! To shake things up a bit, I decided to make a Reggae station...well it came up with Reggaeton (spelling??). It was good for the most part, not something I normally listen to, but it was upbeat and I enjoyed it.

The feeling of finishing and completing a run, of any distance should be a good feeling.

What gets you motivated to get out the door?
Have you ever "lost" your running mojo?
How did you bounce back?

-Stephanie



No comments:

Post a Comment