Thursday, April 17, 2014

(Almost) Perfect Playlist!

Lets talk about music. Most runners enjoy having music playing as they run, at an acceptable and safe volume of course. Sometimes getting the right mix of songs together can be tricky. Today I felt like going to a throwback, the 90's that is, well in this case 2000. For my car ride to work I chose to listen to Nsync's "No Strings Attached" album. Yea, those were good days.

When I got home, I went straight upstairs and got changed for my run. No stopping, except maybe to pee. I got outside, strapped on my shoes and set up my running app and Pandora radio. I decided to stick with my teenage year music. I set up a Nsync radio and off I went....or so I thought...


As I began walking down the driveway, while looking at my phone instead of where I was going, I stepped on a stupid pinecone and down to the ground I went! I didn't even want to look at it. If I looked it at, I am not squeamish or anything, but I would have somehow convinced myself to go inside and clean it and then I would not have gone back out to run. So I sucked it up, brushed myself off and went on. Once I actually began running I felt fantastic! I think I ran longer than I normally do before taking a walk break! I was so proud of myself! But of course the trade off is being more tired later.

Let me get back to my post title, so my playlist, well since it is Pandora the songs are random, but set according the station I set. It was awesome! All the right stuff, it had Nsync, Backstreet Boys, TLC, Britney Spears...and what would have topped it off would be NKOTB, but it didn't come up. There were a couple slower songs I could have done without, but in general, it was fantastic! I will have to remember those for when I need to create an actual playlist for a race or something!

Along the way I passes a bunch of walkers, I gave them a smile and even a Hello.

I am still discovering different areas of town to run in. This route I have run part of before, the other half I noticed great sidewalks on when I drove down that road. It does offer great sidewalk access, side roads and it goes past two schools that have a track  that if open I could access I am sure just to add some distance if needed.

 I finished, thought I had a great running outfit on today, which I thought deserved a photo. I went inside and prepared one of my new favorite snacks, not just for after runs but with my lunch as well. A good crisp and sweet apple with Peanut Butter and a chocolate hazelnut spread (nutella or any off brand!) YUM!!
 
Do you have a favorite post-run snack?
Do you even have a snack or just water/Gatorade?
What is your favorite song to run to?
Do you use Pandora, if yes, favorite station to play?
 
-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment