Monday, August 13, 2012

It's all Booked!

So it is 100% complete...everything is booked!
The Hotel.
The Flight.
and of course...My registration is done already!

Very excited!

Yesterday I went for another one of my long runs on the treadmill. Set it for an hour, and ran 4.5 miles. I thought that if I ran for a little longer and still only walked 2 minutes at a time, my pace time or at least how far I ran would differ than last time. But nothing! No difference what so ever!
But I guess that is a lesson learned, and now I can focus more on just doing it like normal. I would rather take a little longer to run the whole 1/2, or whatever distance it is and be a little tired in the end...rather than running harder and being wiped out by the end. I want to be able to keep a steady pace throughout my whole run. I find that some people have listed their runs and it somehow includes how long each mile took, and they slow down each mile. I probably do as well, and I will find out the next time I try to do only 1 miles, and see what my time is like. But if I can run 3 miles, 4.5 miles or maybe even 13.1 miles all at a 13:20min pace..or roughly that pace, then I would be happy!

I get so worried and caught up when I see someone else who hasnt been running as long as I have, not that it has been a very long time for me...and they have a shorter pace time, and I go, what the heck! But I figure, maybe they are just pushing themselves a little harder, which I could do, but I dont want to be hurting and I want to be able to breathe while I run and dont want to be having to catch my breath while I take my walk breaks. I need to be able to have control and feel comfortable and in not a lot of pain.

This morning I woke up with a mysterious groin pain! I was fine all day yesterday, even after my run. But around 5:45 am I woke up to go to the bathroom and it was pretty painful, making it hard to stand up, sit down...it went away by the end of the day, but man...I dont know what it was!

I know I have more to say, but tonight I must cut my entry short. I will have more for you tomorrow after a visit to the gym.

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment