Thursday, August 9, 2012

Aches...

So today I went for my normal maintenance run on the treadmill. I havent run since Monday, so it has been a few days...and I havent been eating the best. I snacked on chips yesterday...BAD...then today snacked on chips and dip, some chocolate cluster thing....BAD. I remember reading another bloggers ( Pumpkin to Princess ) site and she had an entry in regards to her running, and how it was affected by a couple days of poor eating. I think it is similar to going on a good diet, not eating fast food or other certain foods. But once you eat them again, just once...you feel not so good, or even makes you sick a little.

I dont know if it truly was the reason, but my left back calf was sore in the run, and hurt more during the last 5minutes. I was practically limping during my cool down walk. So I will just do some extra stretching in between now and my long run on Sunday. I think I will do another 4.5 on sunday again...I found that I enjoyed the 4.5 run last sunday better then when I do my 5k treadmill run. I dont know if it is because I just set the timer on the treadmill and cover up the distance? I guess not feeling so much pressure about how far I have gone and just worrying about my pace, how I am breathing and feeling makes it better. So I strive for that good feeling again this Sunday.

Well...I am going to bad again tonight. It is the first Pre-Season Patriots game tonight, that means a couple of beers and probably Pizza or a Sub....oh well, gotta get back in gear tomorrow with healthy food, and trip to the gym for some non-running exercising, and then walking around at work in the evening.

-Stephanie
"Do not be fooled by its commonplace appearance. Like so many things, it is not what outside, but what is inside that counts"

No comments:

Post a Comment