Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pushing myself

So yesterday I decided to extend my run a bit and push myself as well as take advantage of the straight road. Still being at my parents house, they live approx. 1.5 miles from the town line. So I figured I would use this as a half way point, and run to the town line then turn around.

I was hoping that it would make a 3mile run, but I was just shy of 3 miles. But I am sure glad that it was not as hot and humid as it is today. I think I saw the temperature was at 84degrees, but man it still felt really hot!

Anyways, it was a pretty good run, but I felt that it was faster than my pace outcome. So I am a bit dissapointed, but still proud that I pushed myself a bit for my "short" run. I just wish it wasnt so warm and hot!

So the fact that I have begun this journey to reach the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon, I have been looking at the RunDisney website non stop. Registration starts on tuesday, I will not be registering that first day. I am still trying to figure out if I am truly able to do this, and I am more sure than I seem....I have like 6months to train! But I also need to make sure that I can fund my way, and I am hoping that I can talk some family members into coming and splitting the cost! hehe.

I have also been thinking about what princess I would dress myself as...and I am leaning heavily onto Ariel. I remember as a kid, my sister and I would always pretend to be mermaids when we would be swimming in the pool, swimming like we had a tail. It was always a lot of fun...haha! Im thinking of making my own tutu with greenish colors like her tail, and somehow making a shell-looking bra like the one she wears. Im sure when the time comes, so will pictures. They will probably show me making and of course wearing it! It is one of the most exciting parts of the whole thing...being able to dress up!

-Stephanie
"I dont know when, I dont know how. But I know somethings starting right now"

No comments:

Post a Comment