Saturday, July 14, 2012

Happy Friday the 13th!

okay....so I write this on Saturday the 14th, but it is about my day of Friday the 13th!

It all started well, with a trip to the gym for a 3mile run. Went very well! I find that I can push myself a little more on a treadmill, which also makes me nervous for when I get back outside to run where I cant monitor the pace I am going and making sure it is consistent. I am also worried that I might not push myself as much when I am outside, but I am hoping that as I get further into my training that it will get better.

I was dissapointed that my Pandora app didnt work so well on Friday though, but luckily the music at the gym was playing loud enough and was of high enough energy that it was to my liking. And I think what I have mentioned this before, I really like the fact that on a treadmill it is very straight forward and no hills, I try to change in the incline a little just to add a little challenge, but I find it easier to get myself going if it is more of a straight road.

So anyways, I finished my run, did a little exercise on a couple machines and made my way home. I took a shower, packed up a cooler and put on my bathing suite. For Friday was my Mothers birthday, and we were going to Breezy Picnic Grounds and Water Slides with my sister, father, cousin and couple of my Mothers friends. So I got everything together, and remembered I wanted to bring a small bag of laundry to do at her house after while there for dinner.
I start on my way to Breezy, which I have never been to before, so I am trusting the directions I got from MapQuest.....I end up somewhat lost. But I pulled over, called my Mother who was already there, and tried to figure out where I was. I started getting really frustrated and annoyed...it was awful! I was ready to turn around and go home! I ended up driving in a circle, pulled over and asked for directions..."Oh just go to the right here, and drive straight. Go straight through the four way, it will be on your right."

So I did as I was told and I was there...frustration over? I think not!! I park my car, turn around to my back seat to grab my cooler with my lunch, water and snacks.....NO COOLER! I realize I had put it down to go grab my laundry then went straight out to my car. So now I cant just go back home, I am not at least 30min away. So I went over and met up with my family and that was that. The rest of the day was great! We had a lot of fun...but my Friday the 13th had a rough start...

-Stephanie
"To die would be an awefully big adventure"

No comments:

Post a Comment