Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Magic Mile

I decided today would be my first "Magic Mile" day. Since I have access to a track, I took advantage. I have to say I am not a fan of running on a track, it makes the run feel like it takes longer. I think I did ok. I ran the mile in 13min and roughly 35seconds. So according the the Jeff Galloway Performance Predictor, my Half Marathon Pace would be 16min 02seconds. MUST IMPROVE!!!!

I have some improving to do, which means I really need to make sure I am running 3 times a week, EVERY week. Although I am working during the summer program, I have fridays off, so even if I have to work at my part time job on friday, I have the day time to get a run in.  I am hoping that as I lengthen my long runs, that my time during my 30min runs during the week will improve. Meaning that during the 30min, I will hopefully end up running more than 2miles.

The goal would be to get to an 11-12min mile by the end of the summer. Would you say that is a possible goal? It might be harder if it is a really hot summer, but I am hoping not to hot..at least not in the evenings.

Not much to say tonight I guess.

-Stephanie
"A dream is a wish your heart makes"

No comments:

Post a Comment