Thursday, September 5, 2013

it's official, 1/2 #3 here I come!

There is no turning back now.
I have 24 days to whip my booty into shape for the Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 Marathon in Providence! I am very excited and nervous all at the same time. I went out for a 4mile run today and was able to maintain an average pace under 13 minutes. If I can achieve that during the half, then I should have no problem finishing in 3 hours.

I am still trying to get used to my intervals, and I did my best to stick to it as much as I could today, but there were a few times I either hit pause accidently or I walked early, at the 30 second warning vibration. So now I need to create a schedule and stick to it, and push through it. I need to get back to eating healthier as well!

As you can see Fall is creeping its way in! I am super excited! I wasn't even halfway through my run when I spotted the tree and its slowly changing leaves! It has me very excited! Fall it my favorite, and I definitely feel my training gets better with the fall weather. That said, I really hope I improve as the days get closer and closer to the RnR 1/2.
 
I finally picked up a foam roller as well, which is not only helpful for after runs, but for my back. My chiropractor gave me a set of exercises/stretches to help strengthen my back, and this will help loosen and stretch as well. And I also am getting tired of holding a water bottle, or carrying my 10oz fuelbelt bottle on short runs so I found a Fuel Belt (16oz?) handheld with strap. It was a lot easier, but I still feel like I always have so much to carry/wear for a run. Bonus, I found it at TJMax for $5.99! What a deal!
I shared my picture of my patella band for my knee, well I decided to wear it on my right knee since it seems to be clicking a little more when I am just walking around, but then during my run my left knee was feeling a little sore. So I guess its back to Dicks Sporting Goods for another one. I thought part of the reason to run was to become healthier and improve my body, but I guess its not always that way! haha.
 
So here it goes. I am really looking forward to getting myself immersed into training.
 
What are your must do's when training for your big race?
What has been your favorite mantra/saying to keep youself motivated?
Do you have any race rituals/routines?
 
-Stephanie
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars." -Les Brown
 

No comments:

Post a Comment