Thursday, August 22, 2013

Slow and out of Breathe!

ok.
Trying to get back in the game isn't always as easy as you think it can be.
For the past two weeks, I have only run once a week. I have the greatest intentions of running at least twice this week, which I still have time do. So I set out today to complete 4 miles, but alas, I only got to 3.
I had also purchased a interval timer to bring out on my runs, so that is another accessory I had to add to my body. So I decided I would go big and just go with the pre-set interval of 3/1 and go.

So I started with my normal walking warm up and then hit start on the timer. Well I only lasted at the 3/1 for maybe a mile, then I had to bring it down to 2:30/1, and then I was kind of back to doing my own thing.
I was tiring out a lot faster, and I wasn't running much fast than usual, obviously it was a little slower. So I can definitely contribute the fact that I have been slacking on my running to the slowness, but it was also warm and humid, I don't want to say hot, but def. on the warm side with humidity!

I really have to kick my own butt and get back into high gear in order to get back up to 1/2 marathon endurance/status/ability.

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment