Monday, August 26, 2013

Accessorizing!

When it comes to running...or when you become a runner, you end up with a collection of race shirts, running clothes/capris/tights, and many accessories!

You may not need all these accessories at once, but for the long run or race day, you may. In my last post I talked about my new interval timer. As much as I hate having to wear two things on my arm at once, I did not need my fuel belt on me.
As you can see.....I drew my belt in, just to show all the accessories I would need if it had been a long run. My cousin made a funny comment on a photo from my last race about the amount of things I had on my belt, or the "lack of" items, and I should add a hat or something! very funny..
Usually when I have my belt, my music (cell phone) which also serves as my gps/run app would go in the zipper pouch. I also purchased a pouch that slides onto the belt so I can put my camera in it, it takes much better pics than my phone, so I like to have to have it for race day, unless it is a 5k.
 
Another new "accessory" is my patella band for my knee.
I could probably wear one on each knee, but I bought one just so I could try it out. I don't like how un-flattering it is, kind of pushing everything up, but that's what it is suppose to do to the knee, push up to keep things from rubbing the wrong way internally. After suffering from "spasms" for the first 6 miles of my last 1/2 Marathon, my chiropractor suggested getting a Patella support Strap.
 
So I don't know if I will wear this or both ( I will pick up another) every time I run, but today I felt like I could have worn two. When I took my walking breaks my right knee felt a little funny, so it might have been good to have some support.
 
Speaking of todays run...I am getting really bored with the routes I have close to me. But knowing that I have to run, I did it anyways. I changed my intervals to 2:1 which I complied with majority of the time. I did sometimes slip to 130:130, but I would switch back and forth. I did still feel winded half way through, and was hoping to do 4 miles again today and probably could have pushed myself. But I decided not to, and to push myself to 4 tomorrow. I know I wasn't properly hydrated today, and I haven't been eating the greatest lately either.
 
I know I said I would definitely sign up for the Rock N Roll 1/2 for the end of September, but I am going to use this week to decide. I want to make sure I can do it. I know I can do it, but I want to make sure I am capable of doing it, feeling good and be able to finish strong. So I will use this week to run whenever and as much as I can in hopes that I can build my endurance a little more so I can be able to get long runs in before the 1/2. So here I am crossing my fingers.
 
 -Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment