Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Watch your step!

So in accordance with my "training schedule" I should have ran 7 miles this past Saturday, the 8th and 5 miles today. Well, like I said in my disclaimer, that I knew that I wouldn't be able to follow my schedule to a T, but I was going to give it a try.

On Saturday I had a whole day planned, and then it all got cancelled due to "rain" that never showed. One of the girls from work invited me and another girl to some cross-fit type session on Saturday morning, then following that I had a craft fair that I was participating in. Both events were being held outdoors. So Monday, the 3rd I got an email from the Craft Fair Event people that there was a possibility that it would be cancelled because it was suppose to rain. They updated again saying it was still on, but to keep checking our emails in case. Then on Thursday they emailed to confirm that it was cancelled. Whether or not it would rain on Saturday, they were nervous that the rain on Friday would make the ground to wet and soft and make it difficult for set up and possibly ruin vendors items. So that was kind of a let down....

Then the cross fit session was still on, and I woke up Saturday and turned on my cell phone waiting to hear from my friend if she had heard anything. I texted her to confirm time and location and about 30minutes later she responded that it had been cancelled. Which I took as a good thing, because I had been pretty tired and could use the time to sleep.
But, my Saturday was still not empty! Rich and I had some friends that were moving and had asked if we could help move the week before, so we said we would! Or at least Rich would go help if I was still busy with all my plans, and well since I wasn't, I went along. It was hot and a lot of work. I didn't feel like I did to much, but definitely enough to tire me out! We were both pooped!
So needless to say, I didn't get my 7miles in that day.

Sunday I was busy all day with a cookout at church, then a day in Boston with my friend Shavonne! But I did get a lot of walking in that day, which I thought was great!

Monday I thought would be a great day to catch up and run my 7 miles, then the rain came! Bummer! I should have gone to the gym, but I went to the grocery store instead then home. Plus my Mother was being honored among a few others at the Town School Meeting for retiring this year. It was nice!

So after my long winded story, I come to today.
It had rained on and off all day, but by the end of the day of work, it had stopped, but still cloudy. I came home and thought I would take a risk....and boy did I! Not because of any rain...but the things I saw on the road!

I ran two laps around my block, and in passing ran by a dead baby bird. It was sad, but it was a quick view and then it was behind me. Then after mile 3, as I ran down one of the main streets on my town I ran by this huge dead black rat. EEEWWWW!!! It had to have been like 6 inches long, heebee geebees!!
Then not to long after I saw the rat, some guy thought it would be a GREAT idea to yell "Hey" out of his window really loud as he passed me! I was definitely startled by that!

I know many people run with music, as do I. I always am sure to have it loud enough that I can hear it, but soft enough I can hear cars passing, etc. But why do people think it is a good idea to yell really loud out the window to those who might not know what is going on. I have had it happen before, but it wasn't so loud that I was startled.

Ok so that was a rant and a long winded story, all in all, watch your step when running, you never know what you will see!

I have to work Thursday, so I think I will do a short run on the treadmill tomorrow while at the gym.
done!

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment