Thursday, March 21, 2013

So Much to Think About..

Ever have one of those days where you feel like you have a lot on your mind? A lot of different things to think about or make a decision about?

This evening I find myself thinking about a lot of different things that aren't really stress causing, but makes me say "well how would I feel if I chose to do this?" or "Is this something I really want to do instead?" It all has to do with work, living and family.

I have always had the idea that I would get a job, get married (done and done), then buy a house and start a family. Rich and I took a break at looking at house for over a month and need to get back out there. And we both want to start a family, but it is all about finding the right time for us to start. We both know it isn't something that will happen instantly, but never knowing how quickly something can happen can then affect other things such as having a house or not, having the stability, etc.

Then there is the whole job/career. I really like my job, I do and when I feel that way I always struggle with the idea of looking or wanting another one. I am not saying that I am looking, but is always nice in my opinion to keep options open. Maybe there will be something out there that is better and more beneficial to myself and the future for myself and my husband. I recently spotted something and thought, should I apply? Last month I hit the 1 year anniversary of my current job, and I would have to stop and start all over new and that is a feeling I am not always comfortable with. Does that make sense?

I know it wont hurt to apply for jobs, find out more about the positions/agency etc and then if offered a job I can always turn it down. Which is 100% true.

Plus there are all these races that I am interested in doing, well I wouldn't say it is a long list, but one in particular I might have to wait a few more months to do because of other circumstances that are at higher priority. But then I worry about starting a family, and that if I want to be able to participate in this race (Warrior Dash) that it probably wouldn't be a good idea to do if I am pregnant. I am not saying that I will be in a few months or anything, but I would love to be able to start a family soon, but also be able to do these things that I might not be able to do once that family has begun, or at least I find that it might be a bit harder for me to accomplish, but I could be wrong!

So this is just me thinking "out loud" here and hoping to get some of these things off my mind for now so I may be able to sleep tomorrow. I hope to talk to a few friends and family about it and see what they have to say, since they are as important to me as my own opinion.

-Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. It's never a bad idea to apply for a job that interests you plus it keeps your interview skills fresh and it’s good to know what’s out there as far as pay, benefits etc. Then just weigh the pros/cons to make a decision. Do what’s best for you personally and your future.
    As far as the races they are hard to balance with family planning. I have a friend that enjoys running Half's and she had to cut back to occasional 5k's..Family planning for her at this time is a priority and there will always be races. When she does get pregnant she will probably be considered high risk. Now with that been said you CAN run/jog while being pregnant all the way close to full term especially if you are physical NOW its even recommended but just consult with your doctor along the way...(p.s. Warrior Dash can be quite physical so please take caution)...You have quite the journey ahead. Good Luck..

    ReplyDelete