Sunday, October 28, 2012

PERSONAL RECORD!!!

Today was kind of a tight morning schedule!

This morning we had a staff meeting at Yankee Candle from 8-10. It was good, and plus the assistant manager who is on maternity leave came and brought her little bundle of joy! She is so adorable, and oh so tiny...I think around 3 weeks?

Then I had to run to CVS and get the hubs some Dunkin Donuts.
I came home and immediatley got myself geared up for running. I was determined today to get at least 5 if not 6 miles in. I was a little nervous because of all the warnings of huricane Sandy. She isnt up here yet, but we are starting to feel some effects of some storm system, so as I was driving around to my errands and home, there was some sprinkling on my windshield. Plus we were expecting some guests over for the Patriots game today, so I didnt want to go out for to long and be in the shower as they arrive.  Anyways...so I went out, and was at first thinking, I will get at least 3miles down. So I went out there and was out to a good start speed wise, and no pain. The rain didnt come down so I kept going and knew I could get in 5miles!

So that was what I was set out to do. I did 5miles and set a personal record of 1hour and 3minutes!!!!! I couldnt believe it! As I hit each mile, my app told me my time and pace time, and I was super psyched each time I heard the report! I was so excited and so proud. I was a bit tired through mile 4 and 5, but I kept my stride, took my walk breaks a little closer together than normal, but that was excpected when pushing myself as much as I did.

I still finished and was able to come home and shower all before anyone came over. It was only one of Rich's cousins and a friend, but still, I got it all done!

It is such a good feeling when you have a PR, expecially when you hit it by cutting roughly 8 minutes off your time! Thats HUGE!!!

So I am hoping that I can keep this up! The cool weather is definitley something that helps!! But I am so excited about it I cant even contain myself!!

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."
-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment