Sunday, October 21, 2012

Update #1

It has been about two weeks I think since my last post....shame I know!

I havent been keeping up with my running very well either...shame again. The week before last I ran once. bad.

But I do have some fun stuff to share. October 15th was Rich and my one year wedding anniversary!!

So on Friday the 12th we headed up to Vermont for the weekend! It was really nice, relaxing and just a great weekend. Not to much to do in the area of Vemont that we were in, but that was ok, it was more about having quality tinme together. We have time together in the evenings, but we are mostly watching tv at home, and I am normally on the computer doing something or on facebook.
So we got up to Vermont, rested in the room and then went down to the Fat Spy Tavern that was downstairs at the Stone Lodge Inn where we stayed.
Dinner was really good! Excellent pulled pork potato skins....oh yum! The only thing that was gross..was later that night we went back to the tavern for a drink, and there were fruit flies in Rich's drink...and turns out, all in the bottle it was poured from. So in the end he got another drink, and we only had to pay for my beer.



 
Saturday we went out to Manchester, VT to drive around, get some lunch and see what was out there.

Along the way, we saw Bromley Mountain
...and cows....









We stopped a got some lunch at a place called Zoey's, and it was really good! Everything was homemade...including the potato chips!!


 
After lunch we headed over to the Equinox Valley Nursery for the 7th Annual Pumpkin Carving Festival.





I know it is dead...but I thought it was a pretty sunflower.



This is my new boyfriend...Buddy...and just like all the rest of the guys, hes checkin out other women! haha





Here is Rich, takin a pose with his new golfing buddies!




                            Pumpkins!
We also got some hot and cold cider, along with a pint of Vermont Maple Syrup....which was very delicious on our french toast this weekend!!

That was pretty much our weekend. Saturday night we went to Stratton Mountain Villiage, since we were right next to it, for dinner...which was a pricey penny, but it is Vermont.
We left Sunday morning, got home in time to relax and get ready for the Patriots game!

“Forever is a long, long time, and time has a way of changing things.”
-Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment