Sunday, May 18, 2014

First of the Year!

Today was my first 5k of the year! It was the third year in a row that I have run this 5k, this was the first 5k I had run ever!
Trying to get back into running isn't east after 4+ months off.

what a beautiful day for a race day!
 
Getting back into race mode isn't always easy either. I was hoping to be more exciting and motivating, but I could have cared less. But I still tried pushing myself and completed in under 40minutes! I was hoping for at least 40, so I am happy.

I was really impressed with the volunteers today, they were awesome. There weren't many along the 5k course, but they were so energetic and it was great!

The best was at the end.
Most 5k runs do not have a finishers medal. This one did.
It was no ordinary medal.
It was a rock.


Look at all those  "medals"! Everyone got to choose their own "medal" which was awesome! Everyone is different in their own way, no one is the same when they run. We all finish with our own style!
Then it was home for a quick shower and then to my sister-in-laws for my niece's birthday party!
 





 
-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment