Thursday, April 18, 2013

Run for Boston

It has been three days since the tragic terror attack in Boston at the Boston Marathon.
I had yet to make a run out for Boston. I was ready to join a group in a nearby town doing a "Run for Boston" but I didn't make it, I have no excuse for missing out on it, but I just didn't end up going and now I wish I had.

Well today was the day. Over the past couple days I have been cleaning our apartment, running errands, spending some time with family, etc. I ran a couple errands today and was home by 2. I really was not ready or motivated to run today. But I told myself that this isn't for me, this for them. This is for all the runners, the family, first responders, police, national guard, by-standers, EMT, nurses, doctors, the list goes on and on. I had to tell myself that this was for those who just lost a family member, a limb and their spirit.

 
So I strapped on my shoes and out the door I went. I was set on running 5 miles, that was the only thing I did for me, was setting a distance goal. Everything else I put into it was for everyone else.

Yesterday I even felt the need to put together a Facebook group, Runners for Peace. It is a place for everyone to share, reflect, support and say whatever is on their minds and in their hearts.

I hope to continue to run for Boston. Every race I have is running for Boston. I want to put together some sort of bib that I can wear on the back of my shirt that wont be easily torn, and show my pride of being from Massachusetts, my support for all who was affected, and show others that we will not be deterred from doing what we love.

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment