Friday, January 4, 2013

Costume building!

I have begun the process of making my costume for the 2013 Princess Half Marathon in Disney!

First thing...begin making my tutu...her are some pics to show you the beginning of what is turning into a longer than I thought process:

Here is my Tulle...folded...ready to be cut...
 
 I am working with two colors of tulle in order to obtain the color I want for my tutu! Here is the second color I had cut up already...
 
 The second color is layed out here...it would have been helpful if I had a snazzy cutting board..with guidelines of some sort...but this was helpful enough...
 
                                                      After I have made a few cuts...
 
                                                                 Ready for assembling!

 
                                             Attaching to the elastic band! (Sorry its sideways!)
 
This was taking me a long time..so I havent finished placing all the strips of tulle onto the elastic band yet, but I will be sure to post a picture of it when it is complete! But it will not be fully complete without some additional "accessories" that I have..and am waiting for in the mail! I cant wait!!
 
"It's a dinglehopper. Humans use these little babies... to straighten their hair out. See? Just a little twirl here and a yank there and voila. You've got an aesthetically pleasing configuration of hair that humans go nuts over."

-Stephanie


1 comment:

  1. Your off to a great start Princess Stephanie!!

    Princess Nicole

    ReplyDelete