Monday, August 27, 2012

Mr. Motivator

I must say, I really do love my husband.

Sunday, we had gone out with my parents and two of my cousins for some indoor/blacklight mini golf..it was funny, some small 9 hole coarse...and some ice cream! I had purchased a groupon for 6 of us for $18, and that included a large ice cream each! What a deal, a large ice cream alone is $3.75. Anyways, so I figured earlier in the day that I would just go to the gym for my long run after mini golf. But of course I got home, and didnt really want to go.

I said "I dont want to go, I will just go tomorrow"...but my knight in shining armor said "no, you need to go to the gym, you will never make it to your half marathon by skipping the gym!"
He asked how long until the 1/2 (6 months) and said I better get movin, and asked what the furthest was I have gone (5 miles) and said "thats not even half way there, you better get movin"

So I put on my gym clothes, gave him a big kiss and went to the gym. I ran my 5 miles, which I would like to run at least 5 on the road before my 10k at the end of September...just to get some more road experience since it has been a while. As I look back on my running times from when I was running outside, my times have improved...But then when I was out this past week, it was back to the old times. I dont know if it was my pace was all screwed up because I didnt have the control of a treadmill, the heat, or if the treadmill is really off by that much distance, that I am running a shorter distance than it is saying I am going (such a bummer if true).

I am also looking into getting an interval timer. I saw that Jeff Galloway has one for purchase on his website, but as I researched it, it doesnt seem like it would be the best because I have read that it can be hard to feel the vibrations. It does have a beep or something, but I listen to music when I run, so I fear that I wouldnt hear it, and plus running outside there are noisy cars and what not.

Anyone else experience a time difference in their runs on the pavement vs. the treadmill?
Anyone use an interval timer? Suggestions?

-Stephanie
"There is a big blue sky waiting right behind the clouds"

No comments:

Post a Comment